The Society of St Margaret
The Priory of Our Lady, Walsingham
The Society of St Margaret was founded by John Mason Neale in 1855 in East Grinstead. In 1947 three Sisters from the house in Haggerston moved to Walsingham to form a house to help at the Shrine of Our Lady.
The Sisters are a Traditional Anglican Community whose daily life is centred on the Eucharist and the daily Office, from which flows our growing involvement in the ministry of healing, and reconciliation in the Shrine, the local parishes and the wider Church. We welcome guests in our guest house for short periods of rest, relaxation and retreat, and are available to pilgrims and visitors. We also work in the Education Department in the Shrine